Best Holiday Shows in Nearby Myrtle Beach
It’s not Christmastime until the first carols are sung, right? Nearby Myrtle Beach has some of the best holiday shows in the country at which we find the joy of the season crooned out by incredible talent. Grab a loved one or two, put on your holiday best, and get ready to smile. Grinches and Scrooges need not apply.
When staying at Litchfield Beach and Golf, a number of fabulous Christmas performances are just a hop, skip and a sleigh ride away up Route 17. Here’s an overview of some of the best.
1) The Palace Theatre: We have to begin with the quintessential Christmas experience –“The Nutcracker.”Myrtle Beach’s theatrical mainstay also happens to be the place to see the classic holiday ballet. Coastal Youth Ballet’s fabulous dancers coupled with Tchaikovsky's magical music is the best way to shake loose even the worst case of the “bah humbugs.”The majestic Snow Queen and her snowflakes will have you cuddling up with your loved one (or a new friend) next to you. Tickets go fast for this one, and the kids love it, so book here.
2) Alabama Theatre: Billed as the “South’s Grandest Christmas Show,”this yearly tradition dazzles with song, color, and a laugh or two. They're not lying —it’s grand indeed. In addition to the classics, you’ll enjoy some contemporary holiday favorites —and walk out feeling just that much more full of yuletide spirit. To buy tickets, click here.
3) Legends In Concert: “I’m —skippidy be-bop —dreaming of a white Christmas!”For a dose of retro-cool, Legends has brought back the Rat Pack for the ultimate Christmas miracle. Frank, Dean, Sammy, and even Marilyn (well, those who look and sound just like them) are reunited in this classy, kitschy extravaganza. You’ll be scatting all the way to your post-show martini. Buy tickets here.
4) Carolina Opry Christmas Special: Looking for something a little more, well, live? Carolina Opry brings it with none other than a horse-drawn sleigh gracing the stage. That’s a real horse, by the way. Exciting dancers and performers coupled with classic Christmas tunes will enthrall, while the goal of raising $10,000 for the Children’s Miracle Network through additional delights at the theatre will make giving back the funnest thing imaginable. Click here to buy tickets.
5) Pirate’s Voyage: What does Black Beard hang on his mantle at Christmastime? A garrrrrrland. Get it? Eh? Forgive us that one, but do give the holiday spectacular at Pirate’s Voyage a try. You get the same excitement of the dinner theater, coupled with a lifelike toy show and a live-action nativity scene. Yes, even the high seas pause to welcome the Christ child. See, the Christmas spirit is alive and well in everyone, even pirates. It’s the jolliest Jolly Roger around.
Be sure to ask your Litchfield front desk associate for driving directions and restaurant recommendations near these theaters for an all-out spectacular experience. Have you ever seen any of these shows? What’s your favorite? What will you be trying new this year?